MakeupGeek EyeShadow Swatches




The latest and greatest eyeshadow finds in my current collection are handsdown MakeupGeek eyeshadows. When Marlena (MakeupGeekTv) announced her makeup line I was so excited to try out anything she released. She was one of the first YouTube gurus I began watching years ago. She has a genuine love for beauty, not just outside but more importantly inside. She is relatable on a life level and I love supporting her in anyway possible. She brings such joy to all of her subscribers.....and yes she is that sweet in person as well! I had the honor of meeting her at IMATS 2013 still a major highlight to this day.

MakeupGeek Eyeshadows:
  • 60 shade range and continuing to grow.
  • Inexpensive for outstanding quality.
  • Low cost/fast shipping.
  • Options; you can buy either single pans, pots, or sets.
  •  Great pigmentation.

Storage:

If you have or pick up a Z Palette, know that you do not need magnets because they go right in. This does not work with a MAC palette as you will need magnets.  Here I have mine stored in a Medium 4 U Z Palette and I can easily fit 15 MUG shadows.

(L-R) Cupcake, Latte, Preppy, Crème Brulee, Beaches & Cream,
Corrupt, Beach Blonde, Barcelona Beach, Ba-da Bing.



Quality:

The quality and texture is out of this world for $5.99 per pan. I seriously have no clue how she does it. What I love is actually the difference of texture in certain shades. Out of the 9 in the photo 7 are velvety smooth. Corrupt & Ba-Da Bing feel drier in texture. But do not be discouraged because one dip and you pick up bold, sensational color. They remind me or NARS shadows in the way the texture can change depending on the shade. Which is saying something if you consider the price difference.


Swatches:
(L-R) Ba-Da Bing, Barcelona Beach, Beach Blonde, Corrupt, Beaches & Cream, Crème Brulee, Preppy, Latte, Cupcake 



Versatility in Wear:

The shade range is already so immense that you can take ordinary neutral looks to extraordinary. For example, here I took a basic smokey night time look, which most people wear, black shadow and transition with something in the neutral brown family. Here I used Preppy which I see as an Olive Green/Taupe shade to transition instead and it just takes it to a different level, I get so many compliments when I wear this look. I love the difference between the bold black and the underestimated green shade. It is exquisite, it also makes the green in my eyes pop.
 


I hope you guys found this post helpful in your search to begin or add more MakeupGeek shadows to your beauty arsenal. They are a must have in my opinion.

If you have any MUG favorites, anything from the line. Leave me a comment and I will check it out.

Details:

Purchase MUG eyeshadows: Here
Marlena's YouTube Channel: Here
My Channel ShadesOfSteph: Here




 

Comments

  1. I just purchased my first set of MUG shadows and Z palette a few days ago! Cant wait to get them in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you love them so much! They are amazing! Let me know how you like them and which shades you picked up <3 xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts