Review: Melt Cosmetics Dark Matter Stack

I have an addiction to matte eye shadows. They are a staple in any make up routine. I have a vast collection of matte shadows. My favorites by far have consisted of MAC cosmetics, Anastasia Beverly Hills, & Makeup Geek. They just never let me down. Then approximately a year ago I ran across MELT Cosmetics via Instagram and I watched them post and saw they created Stacks. Now I am not one to get caught up in hype. Most of the time I am essentially let down. So I finally decided to buy them, than as luck would have it they were sold out for months..insert sad face... But two weeks ago they restocked! YAASSSSS! So I did not hesitate right at 12 noon I placed my order....and I am so glad I did. The stacks are hyped for a reason.



First, lets start off with the wonderful packaging. Magnetic, in this time of bulky palettes that just seem to be getting bigger and longer. Melt went Vertically! Thank you <3 I could literally shove tons of these in one drawer and be set for life.



Next, size...here it matters;) The eye shadow size is unimaginable. The best part I USE every shadow in the stack. I had an endless run of purchasing cute palettes and would only use a handful of the shadows that the palettes had to offer. Either they had 2-5 matte shadow and the rest look like a disco ball graveyard or they would have those 1-3 random shades that the 80's were screaming to take back. I wasn't about it. With the exception of my MAC palettes which are fantastic because I customize them myself. So no weird or randomness there. The other brands releases left me a little bemused that I owned things I was never going to use.

Melt Shadow vs. MAC Shadow

Than we have pigmentation. The Dark Matter Stack is a perfect blend of what I see as essential to a great eye.  1. A transition color  (sadly some palettes lack one I can use) 2. A punch of excitement that belongs...which in this case is Enigma, is an exciting color that balances on the edge of safe. I wear this all over my lid, in the crease, as liner. It is such a versatile color that you will not be intimidated by. 3. Texture, sadly some shades in other palettes look so great and than just fall flat. None of these do that. Makeup Geeks Corrupt is hands down my favorite black shade. The texture is velvet and has a deadly punch of color. The Dark Matter Stack has an amazing black as well called....Dark Matter. It goes on smoothly and has great color pay off. All the shadows in the stack have the same great pay off and texture.

 Natural Light 
Shades (L-R): Enigma, Unseen, Blurr, & Dark Matter

 With Flash
 Shades (L-R): Enigma, Unseen, Blurr, & Dark Matter

I rate the the Dark Matter Stack:
Get or Forget: GET
Pigmentation: 9/10
Texture: 9/10
Price: 10/10
Packaging: 9/10



Comments

Popular Posts